Wednesday 28 July 2010

Google Reader - Explore More




I don't know about you, but I spend quite a bit of time on Google Reader each day trawling through my RSS feeds.

Sometimes it gets too much and I need to purge the 1000+ stories staring at me in my inbox, but more often than not I at least get to skim through what's in there, whether it's in Reader or in Newsrack, Reeder or one of the other iPad/iPhone apps I flit from from time to time.

When I'm using Google Reader itself though, despite having spent ages grouping my feeds into neat little categories such as News, Tech, Sports, Music etc, I tend to get more value out of browsing articles shared by Friends, or by dipping into the great Explore category.

Whilst Explore is populated by suggestions based on articles you've read, starred or shared it never fails to turn up a few surprises... you never know what you're gonna get.

Seriously, if you haven't already tried it. Give it a go.

No comments: